Apex IT Group is seeking an experienced and capable IT professional to serve as a Senior Network Engineer. In your role as a Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for the analysis, design, implementation and post documentation of customer cloud and on-premise technology projects including as well as providing 3rd level technical assistance to the technology support team members as required. In addition, you must be able to demonstrate the ability to understand the business impact of technology decisions within customers’ networks and recommend the most comprehensive solutions in our service catalog in order to meet the customers’ business objectives.
The Senior Network Engineer position will involve:
- Performing design and implementation at the network level, including WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, switches WLAN and security solutions
- Designing and implementing servers, storage, backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Performing research and testing of new technologies in order to remain nimble with regard to emerging technologies for customer solutions
- Designing and implementing end point technology solutions including VDI, desktop migrations, tablet and wireless technologies for Windows, MAC, Android and others
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will design and implement private and public cloud solutions as well as traditional on-premise server and application solutions for customers using technologies including VM Ware, Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL, RDS, Citrix and other technologies within our service catalog.
Your specific duties as a Senior Network Engineer will include:
- Providing pre-sales support for customer technology solution requirements.
- Research and design the most appropriate solution for a customer’s business need.
- Build detailed project work plans.
- Oversee project coordination and manage client projects and expectations.
- Hands on Implementation of proposed technology solutions within our service catalog.
- Work independently or with a team based on the scope of the IT project.
- Performing system documentation on implemented technologies to provide support team with an efficient means of post implementation technical support documents.
- Reviewing and optimizing current project implementation methods in order to support business growth.
- Documenting internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Providing status reports to Chief Operating Officer.
As a Senior Network Engineer, you must possess strong business awareness and the ability to determine customer needs and apply IT solutions to their business strategies and goals. You must also possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including active listening and a clear focus on customer care. It will also be important for your role as a Senior Network Engineer that you are able to function well as part of a project team, and that you are able to remain calm under pressure and to adapt to changing business needs.
Specific qualifications for the Senior Network Engineer position include:
- Proven experience in IT project implementation
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCITP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA or VMware VCP
- Clear understanding of support tools, techniques and the use of technology to efficiently provide IT project services
Apex IT Group is the leader in delivering IT Solutions to companies in the Delaware Valley. We have invested our resources over time and have developed a mature managed services model and an established support program structure that delivers consistent predictable end results every time. Apex IT Group is a name you can trust for Managed IT Services and Support, IT Project Delivery and Cloud Computing Services.